Technical product designer
Tasks and activities:
Technical product designers are involved in the development of technical products. Based on design and technical specifications and customer requirements, they create drawings and 3-D datasets for components and assemblies. Plus they also maintain the accompanying technical supporting documents.
In the practical part of this training, you will go through all the necessary departments of the company, gaining practical experience. In doing so, you will get to know the various manufacturing and test processes up-close.
After basic drawing training, the next subject-related part of the program includes the creation of sketches and drafts, as well as the creation or modification of individual component or assembly drawings according to the requirements of the designers and project leaders.
- Foundations of drafting
- Metal basic training
- Foundations of control and electrical engineering
- CNC and CAD technology
- Technical calculations of components
- Creating sketches and technical drawings
- Making detailed designs and accompanying documents
- Work in occupational training departments
12 weeks of block school per year
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Technical understanding
- Mathematics skills
- Spatial skills
- Interest in technical drawing
- Verbal skills
- Good IT and English skills
- Independent, focused and careful way of working
- Dedication, the ability to work in a team, desire to learn